Young Israel of Sharon
The Young Israel is a vibrant shul with a warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Our ideology is inclusiveness.
Young Israel exemplifies the ideals of Modern Orthodoxy: serious Torah study and practice, with an embrace of diversity; and a participatory openness to the best of contemporary culture and community.
News & Events
Mazal Tov to Libi and Matt Rides on the birth of a baby girl!
Scholar-in-Residence Rabbi Scott Kahn - November 21-22
General Membership Meeting – Update on the Rabbi Search - December 7, 6:30pm
Yachad Shabbaton - December 12-13
Chanukah Party - December 20
Children's Chanukah Party including a "real live mad Scientist" - December 21
The Halakhot of Stove and Oven Use on Shabbat and Yom Tov - Rabbi Meir Sendor posted September 18
Weekly Announcements See more upcoming events
- Will You Love My Son?
From Zeh Lezeh (For One Another) By Rabbi Ilana C. Garber posted 11/21/14
- Here's When It's OK To Use The 'R-Word' In 1 Nifty Chart
From The Huffington Post. By Eleanor Goldberg. Posted 10/30/14
- Parshat Ki Tavo – Inclusion Shabbat 5774 posted 9/15/14
- Zeh Lezeh (For One Another): "Say Yes" By: Lisa Friedman posted 9/9/14
See more postings on our Inclusion Initiative page
Of Note for November 2014 click here
- Monthly schedule (featuring our new sponsors for the year!)
- President's message
- Rabbi's d'var torah
- Shul activities and announcements including:
Rabbinic search update and meeting announcement
Two upcoming Scholars in Residence
- Update from our b'not, Ayelet and Odelya
- Get to know the Jacobs-Komisars
- Support our advertisers
Support our Sponsors Thank you to the many businesses whose advertising supports our shul. Click here to view our sponsors